- Last Updated: 4:09 PM, February 6, 2013
- Posted: 11:58 AM, February 6, 2013
A cruise-ship employee suddenly dropped his sexual harassment lawsuit against John Travolta, who had been accused of making unwanted advances during a massage, according to published reports today.
Fabian Zanzi had alleged that the “Grease” star exposed himself during a June 2009 rub down, before the actor “forcefully embraced” the employee, he said.
A judge on Friday denied Travolta’s bid to have Zanzi’s lawsuit bumped down to arbitration, but then the matter was unexpectedly dropped on Monday, the Hollywood Reporter said.
There was no immediate indication why Zanzi dropped his claim or if he and Travolta reached an out-of-court settlement.
Travolta had given a sworn statement for the lawsuit, denying all allegations.
The “Pulp Fiction” actor said: "While I was indeed a passenger aboard the MS Enchantment of the Seas in or about June 2009, Mr. Zanzi's allegations in the Complaint are entirely false, including... a purported physical encounter with me and his allegations... regarding an alleged financial offer I made him. None of these events happened, and Zanzi's allegations are pure fabrication."